In Produciton Since 1881
The Ames Mill was not always called the Ames Mill. Many placards have hung below the belfry. Over the last 135 years, one thing has remained constant... Production.
The four-story brick building across the narrows from Swan Island has housed Cotton, Silk and Woolen Mills, Shoe Manufacturing , Electronic Component Assembly, and most recently Herbal Supplement Manufacturing.
The Mill has had many owners, but has always managed to remain current- offering employment to residents and serving as a cornerstone to Main Street.
We believe in a strong local economy and the importance of "Made in the USA". In this spirit, we at the Ames Mill welcome the next generation of Maine innovators.